How To: Create A Comic/Part 2: Tools
In order to create an online comic or comic book, you’ll need the following:
- A computer system with enough hard drive space to store many programs and files.
- Numerous images to help tell the story. These could be images that you have personally created, photo images, or screen captures from a program such as the City of Heroes MMO. It also helps to have an image-editing program such as Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, GIMP, or any number of programs available both free and for-sale that can assist you in editing the images if needed.
- A page-designing program to put in the pictures and add text on top of those images. This could be a specific comic book creation program or a general publishing program like Microsoft Office Publisher, or even a presentation program like PowerPoint.
- An easily-recognized format for the finished product. The most common format is Adobe’s PDF.
- An online resource to upload and share the finished product with others. This could be either a general online storage service, or it could be a website like Issuu designed to store and display digital documents where you can read them online as you would an electronic book.
The other essential tools are…
These items you will have to find and refine on your own. Either that or you could hire someone that has these things. But then again, you wouldn’t need this “How To” guide if you did that.